Re: Contents of <confdefs.h> for C++

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Contents of <confdefs.h> for C++
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 22:21:01 -0700 (PDT)

> From: "Walter E. Brown" <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 16:01:53 -0500
>
> This unwanted and seemingly undocumented "feature" is deadly to many
> of my C++ test programs, as it forcibly introduces extra symbols.  It
> messes up my testing in other ways, too.

Details, please?  Why can't you write your test programs so that they
are robust in the presence of "#include <stdlib.h>"?

> At a minimum, can someone kindly provide the rationale behind this
> "feature" so that, perhaps, other possibilities can be explored?

You might look at the source code for autoconf, e.g. at
_AC_PROG_CXX_EXIT_DECLARATION.  (I haven't a clue as to why <stdlib.h>
is being included, but then again I avoid C++ so I have an excuse for
being clueless.  :-)