Re: AutoGen specfile

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: AutoGen specfile
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:31:47 -0700

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 04:14 pm, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> By the way, is it intentional that the autogen binary is called
> i386-redhat-linux-autogen?  I think it's a bad idea.  I'm currently trying
> to use Autogen to generate one Linux driver from another (spectrum_cs.c
> from orinoco_cs.c in case you are curious).  I want to distribute the
> template.

I would be, yes.

>  I don't want to guess the name of autogen based on the
> architecture and the distribution.
>
> P.S. Your binary package uses normal names.  It must be a side effect of
> using autoconf-2.53 generated configure and using %configure, which
> expands to "./configure i386-redhat-linux ..." on RedHat 7.3.

I have no idea.  It could also be libtool because I occasionally find
argv[0] referencing "lt-autogen".  It's likely another mechanism tho.
I certainly agree, it should not be gratuitously be changed.

> > > BuildRequires: guile-devel libxml2-devel
> >
> > It requires libxml2 IFF you care about xml2ag.
> > If you don't supply it, it's quietly suppressed.
> > So, strictly speaking, it is not required.
>
> libxml2-devel is the only requirement I didn't change!  But I agree, this
> should not be required (checked by uninstalling libxml-devel and
> recompiling the package).

So, is there a "BuildRecommended: libxml2-devel" ?

= =

Bruce Korb <first initial + last name at gnu dot org>
AG URL: http://autogen.sourceforge.net