Re: Threading support

From: Philip Willoughby
Subject: Re: Threading support
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 09:57:22 +0100 (BST)

Yesterday, John Poltorak wrote:

>Does autoconf check for threading support, and if so how does it do it?

I generally use

AC_SEARCH_LIBS(pthread_create, pthread posix POSIX)

for pthread support

>On OS/2 support for threading is native and built into the operating
>system. How would autoconf handle such a situation? Would I need to
>install the pthreads library?

OS/2 threadsare not pthreads as far as I know, so you would need to install
an emulation layer to convert pthreads calls into the appropriate OS/2
calls, just like on NT...

Regards,

Philip Willoughby

Systems Programmer, Department of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK
--
echo address@hidden | tr "bizndfohces" "pwgd9ociaku"