Re: converting netkit to autoconf?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: converting netkit to autoconf?
Date: 13 Sep 2002 14:11:27 +0200

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

Paul> No, performance is by bigger problem for me, and I think for
Paul> most people.  I have lots of disk space, and "configure" scripts
Paul> compress well.  But my uniprocessors go only so fast, and
Paul> currently "configure" scripts are sequential.  Right now, it
Paul> sometimes takes longer to for me to configure a package than to
Paul> compile it, and this is ridiculous.

I second this :(  I'm not sure how we can fix this problem though :(