Re: License and replacement files

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: License and replacement files
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:25:51 -0700

Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:

> For the others listed, I've just not needed them.  I do have other macros
> that we use for INN that check for missing or bad functions and provide
> replacements.  Currently, we have:

>     INN_FUNC_INET_NTOA
>     INN_FUNC_SNPRINTF

> with replacement functions, plus replacement functions for all of:

> AC_REPLACE_FUNCS(fseeko ftello getpagesize hstrerror inet_aton mkstemp \
>                  pread pwrite seteuid strcasecmp strerror strlcat strlcpy \
>                  strspn setenv)

Oh, I should also mention that most of the replacement functions that
aren't just trivial wrappers around something else have test suites.

I should also mention that all of this work is in current CVS snapshots of
INN, which you can obtain from:

    <ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/inn/snapshots/>

Please see the LICENSE file at the top level of the source tree for
information about what is and is not in the public domain and for a copy
of INN's basic license.

I will warn that the ISC does not require copyright assignments or
disclaimers from all contributors, so the copyright history of some of the
code not written entirely by myself may be too muddy for you to use inside
Autoconf.  I understand why the GNU project does this and can probably be
persuaded to go another round with Stanford to try to get them to sign
something for my own work, but with a project like INN where qualified and
interested contributors are few and far between, it's just not worth it.

Most of the replacement functions other than snprintf and setproctitle
were written entirely by myself and have only had trivial modifications,
if that, made by other people.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>