Question about AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS

From: Dimitar Haralanov
Subject: Question about AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:32:56 -0800

        Hy, I am new to autoconf and I am trying to use it to configure
multiple packages. In the top level configure.in, I have the following
code:

AC_MSG_CHECKING(whether to build gui)
AC_ARG_ENABLE(gui,
[  --enable-gui            Build the GUI control center [default=yes]],
[
ac_build_gui=${enable_gui}
],ac_build_gui=no)
echo ${ac_build_gui}

if test "x${ac_build_gui}" = "xyes"; then
   echo "Running configure in gui..."
   AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(gui)
fi

        The idea is that if the user enables the gui, configure should run
configure in the gui directory. However, AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS runs no
matter what the user specified. Even if the AC_MSG_CHECKING shows 'no'
as the result, configure in gui get run.

        Any ideas, help, comments will be appreciated?

        I am not on the list, so please, cc me when you reply!!

        Thanx
                -- Mitko