ac-macro for signal() argument types

From: Thomas Richter
Subject: ac-macro for signal() argument types
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:16:02 +0100 (CET)

Hi folks,

is there any kind of ac-macro/construction/hint available concering
the argument type of the sig-handler installed by signal()? Note that
I`m talking about the arguments of the signal handler, not its return
type.

Under Linux, I`ve to expect a single "int" as the argument of the
signal handler, but under IRIX 5.3, the prototype for signal() is
defined as follows:

/* snip */

NAME
     signal - software signal facilities (System V)

C SYNOPSIS
     #include <signal.h>

     C:
       void (*signal (int sig, void (*func)()))();
     C++:
       void (*signal (int sig, void (*func)(...)))(...);

/* snip */

Now, as this is a C++ program, the form below applies. I actually do
not care about the argument itself (this is a simple SIGBREAK signal
handler that doesn`t do anything fancy), but I`d like to avoid a
warning of the compiler.

Any hints/ideas about this topic?

Greetings,
        Thomas