Re: autoconf && hardware

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: autoconf && hardware
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:27:18 -0800

Warren Young wrote:
Dirk wrote:

how can i make autoconf probe for a parallel port?

Any particular OS, or "all of them"?  :)

On a Linux box, I'd probably dig around in /proc to find a way to list parallel ports and then write the shell code necessary to make sure the /proc entry exists and contains the expected info.

You might consider checking for that kind of thing at runtime instead.

I used to check for /dev/poll at configure time, but
(especially when cross-compiling!) that got me in trouble.
I now check at runtime and am much happier.
- Dan