Re: Where does AC_CHECK_LIB look?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Where does AC_CHECK_LIB look?
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 14:47:34 -0800

> Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 13:39:40 -0800
> From: Chris Albertson <address@hidden>
>
>    1) Where does AC_CHECK_LIB look when it checks for libraries?
>    2) How can I get it to look in a few more places?

Unfortunately this is currently a system-dependent thing.
What I tend to do is to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_RUN_PATH
environment variables before invoking "configure", but this
is admittedly unsatisfactory.

You might take a look at libtool, but it's a bit overkill for
you.  Bruno Haible has proposed a simpler facility, but I don't
offhand recall its current state.