Re: AC_LIBOBJ

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: AC_LIBOBJ
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:56:43 +0100

>>> "Andy" == Andy Smith <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Andy> But when I do "autoconf && automake" I get:

 Andy> src/Makefile.am:9: @LTLIBOBJS@ seen but never set in `configure.in'
 Andy> src/Makefile.am:13: @LIBOBJS@ seen but never set in `configure.in'
 Andy> src/Makefile.am:18: @LIBOBJS@ seen but never set in `configure.in'

In the past Automake would not allow you to use these variables
before it sees AC_LIBOBJ, AC_LIBSOURCE, AC_LIBSOURCES, or
AC_SUBST([LIBOBJS]) and AC_SUBST([LTLIBOBJS]) in configure.in or
aclocal.m4.

Starting with Automake 1.7 you no longer have to do this,
because Automake sees that LIBOBJS and LTLIBOBJS are always
defined in the Autoconf guts.

In other words you could get rid of these diagnostics using
AC_SUBST([LIBOBJS]) and AC_SUBST([LTLIBOBJS]), or by upgrading
to a recent Automake.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz