Re: Newbie Question --debug

From: John D. Burger
Subject: Re: Newbie Question --debug
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:49:31 -0500

Maurice Turcotte wrote:

> Yes, I have looked at config.log.
>
> It says "checking for ioctl.h" but
> it doesn't say where it is checking. Is it
> checking in /usr/include? Is it checking in
> /opt/toolchains....? How do I find out?

Sorry for the delayed response.

As an example, looking at one of my config.logs, I see the following:

configure:3006: checking for fcntl.h
configure:3016: gcc -E  -I/afs/rcf.mitre.org/project/read-comp/include
-I/afs/rcf/lang/bin/../python/@sy
s/2.0/include/python2.0 conftest.c
configure:3022: $? = 0
configure:3041: result: yes

This at least tells me =how= configure is looking for the header file.
I can look at the -I arguments to gcc and see if they are what I expect.
I may need to determine what gcc's internal, default include path is -
for this I'd use gcc's -print-search-dirs option.

I have no experience with cross-compiling, so I apologize if these
simplistic suggestions are useless to you.  Good luck.

- John Burger
  MITRE