RE: please bring back program suffix for autoconf bin files

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: RE: please bring back program suffix for autoconf bin files
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:02:05 -0800

Your argument amounts to "don't trust anything on the platform",
which is good advice in some situations, and overkill in others.

I believe making "autoconf-2.13" the standard name for invoking
the platform's autoconf-2.13 is the Right Thing to Do.  If
individual users like Mr. Dickey or me choose to ignore the
platform's autoconf-2.13 and use our own, that's our right and
privilege, but we shouldn't force that effort down everyone's
throats.

- Dan