Re: autoconf, libtool, FreeBSD and --no-verify

From: Assar Westerlund
Subject: Re: autoconf, libtool, FreeBSD and --no-verify
Date: 28 May 2003 20:52:52 -0400

Johan Vervloet <address@hidden> writes:
> I am building a project under FreeBSD using autoconf, automake and
> libtool.

Can you please tell us what versions you are using?  And it you could
include a mimimal example that shows the error that you're getting,
that would be even better.

>  When I run my generated configure script, it ends like this :

>   ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
>   Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
>   configure: error: libtool configure failed

This looks like a rather old version of libtool.  The file ltconfig
went away in libtool 1.3d (2001-04-02).

> Does anybody know why this is ? And is there a way to create a
> functional configure from configure.in automatically ?

That should just be a simple matter or running autoreconf.  But we
need to know more to tell you why that's not the case for you.