AC_PROG_CC and AC_PROG_LIBTOOL problem

From: David Svoboda
Subject: AC_PROG_CC and AC_PROG_LIBTOOL problem
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:03:39 +0200

I've been using Compaq C++ compiler under Tru64 UNIX (alpha). In libtool
it is supposed, that this compiler doesn't supprot -fPIC flag, which
generates position independent code.

If I compile my project by hand (with using -fPIC flag), everythig is ok.
If I let the autoconf and libtool do it, they use -DPIC flag and
finally the unresolved references are in the resulting shared library.

Do you happen to know, how to solve this problem?

        David