Re: Library path with AC_CHECK_LIB

From: moseley
Subject: Re: Library path with AC_CHECK_LIB
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 09:16:38 -0700

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 02:23:15AM -0400, Assar Westerlund wrote:

> Bill Moseley <address@hidden> writes:
> > I was building our package on a Solaris 2.6 machine and ended up with:
> >
> >   ld: fatal: library -lz: not found
> >
> > On this machine libz is in /usr/local/lib.
> >
> I can only guess that this happens because the compiler/linker and/or
> flags are different between the link that succeeds at configure-time
> and the one that fails at make-time.

Yes, I assumed that.

> You'll have to look through config.log to find the actual command that
> worked.

I looked and didn't find anything telling.  All I see is this:

configure:11703: checking for gzread in -lz
configure:11734: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -Imaybe/include  -Lmaybe/lib
conftest.c -lz  -lm  >&5
configure:11737: $? = 0
configure:11740: test -s conftest
configure:11743: $? = 0

so I'm not really clear what "maybe/include" is in that output.

--
Bill Moseley
address@hidden