Re: Library path with AC_CHECK_LIB

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Library path with AC_CHECK_LIB
Date: 11 Jun 2003 11:04:27 -0700

Lars Hecking <address@hidden> writes:

>  On Solaris prior to release 8, the proper linker flags must be specified
>  to enable the linker to find the correct runtime libraries. Either via
>  -R/usr/local/lib, or LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib in the environment.
>
>  From release 8 on, use crle(1), the Solaris equivalent of ldconfig under
>  Linux.

And in either cases you should install the patches recommended by Sun,
which won't cost you anything.  I'm referring especially to the linker
patches.  You can get them from sunsolve.sun.com.  Personally, I
still don't trust crle; I still use -R, even on Solaris 7 and later.

Also, you should prepared for your Solaris users to have similer
problems.  This issue is a constant hassle on Solaris machines.