Compiler Detection and Version

From: Adam Gent
Subject: Compiler Detection and Version
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 01:19:47 +0100

Hi,

I am wanting to test for a set of compilers on a machine and retrieve there
version information.

>From what I have seen about autoconf, this is possible.

The problem is that I do not want to do the compiler detection as part as a
configuration but as a stand alone script, which outputs the data to a file.

Therefore does anyone know if it is possible to extract the m4 scripts from
autoconf and run them as a standalone script.

Thanks,

Adam

---