Can acinclude.m4 _override_ macros from elsewhere?

From: Kevin P. Fleming
Subject: Can acinclude.m4 _override_ macros from elsewhere?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:27:07 -0700

I want to include a modified copy of one or two libtool-related macros in my source package. I have copied the relevant macros from /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 into acinclude.m4, and made my changes.

However, aclocal puts the contents of acinclude.m4 into aclocal.m4 _before_ macros from its own m4 files. This means that my changes are not used, since the macros are redefined to their standard contents later in aclocal.m4.

Is there a way around this?