Re: system libraries that need -R/path/

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: system libraries that need -R/path/
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 03:09:57 -0500

IMO the macros belong in autoconf, as autoconf is where folks are *using*
the libraries and need the -R flag.

I would not want to have to remember to update/install libtool someplace
in order to get these macros.  I don't want to tell folks who want to use
the maintainer version of the NTP tree that they now also have to install
libtool.  NTP does not use libtool and I have no plans for it to do so.

But wherever they end up, I'd prefer that they be integrated ASAP, as I want
to use this for the next release of NTP.