Re: Building ncurses with libtool (32/64 bit)

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Building ncurses with libtool (32/64 bit)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:03:22 +1000

Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> writes:

> perhaps.  But there's no AC_REQUIRE connecting any of the pieces.
> If there were an AC_REQUIRE, the expected behavior would be to
> force AC_PROG_LIBTOOL to expand before the macro.  Since there is
> none, it should expand within.

If we're talking about libtool 1.5, then notice the first thing
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL does is an AC_REQUIRE of _AC_PROG_LIBTOOL.  :-(

You might get the effect you want by having the conditional at the
top-level in configure.in, rather than within a macro.  Beware of
standard macros which then only run under that conditional too.