Re: disable -g flag

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: disable -g flag
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 08:58:08 +0100

JRBCAST wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying to disable the -g flag that autoconf uses when
compiling my GNU project. I have tried --enable-debug=no --disable-debug
and none works. I have had a look at google and some questions but no
response...

Can you help me?

my configure.ac is:

All the next just checks for external libraries.

autoconf defaults $CFLAGS if not set, and it includes -g if it finds the
compiler supports it.  The simple fix is to run:

        $ ./configure {your options here} CFLAGS=-O

That way, autoconf will use -O instead of guessing you want "-g -O".