Re: 1.x for vms maintainership request

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: 1.x for vms maintainership request
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 14:48:34 +0200

   From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 01:05:22 -0700

   1.11 was a long time ago (1994, wow!) and personally I'd rather not be
   distracted by any problems in supporting it.  So I'd prefer that you
   generate your own 1.11-ttn1 version.

thanks for the reply.  i will release using version numbers of the form:
1.2xx (starting with xx == "00").  hopefully this will never conflict w/
mainline autoconf development, should unification be desirable in the
future.

also, i would prefer to keep the "GNU" label -- is that a problem?

thi