Re: Autoconf 2.60?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Autoconf 2.60?
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:37:21 -0700

Kelley Cook <address@hidden> writes:

> Back in March[1], it was mentioned that an autoconf 2.59b beta would
> be uploaded and hopefully 2.60 could be released soon after that.
> [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2004-03/msg00078.html

If you read that message carefully you'll see that I wasn't making any
promises, or even any predictions.  It was more a call for volunteers.
Nobody has stood up to the plate yet.

> Is there a timeframe for a new version of FSF autoconf to be released?

There isn't any schedule, no, but it's on my list of things to do and
I will have some free time this summer.

My biggest concern, actually, is that nobody will test the 2.59b
tarball.  Can you help out with that?

> just reducing the quoting divergence between checkins of those using
> FSF autoconf and the autoconf 2.59 shipped with the various distros
> which usually already include the quoted $ac_popdir fix

I plan to review the Debian patches before putting out the 2.59b
tarball.  If you know of any important patches in other distributions,
please let me know.  (I don't have time to look at all the distros.)