AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS and autoreconf

From: Charles 'Buck' Krasic
Subject: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS and autoreconf
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 17:50:13 -0700

Hi,

I have a project that uses AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS with a subdirectory that
includes a subpackage (ffmpeg) that has it's own  hand coded configure
script.   My project does use the autotools and has a customary
./boostrap.sh script, as per the autotools book.   This has been working
fine.

I recently noticed the autoreconf program has the potential to eliminate
boostrap, which I would like.

For me though, autoreconf has a problem with the ffmpeg directory.  It
complains that it can not find a configure.in or configure.ac file
there.

Is there a workaround for this?   In noticed the comments about
configure.nongnu in the documentation, but this doesn't seem to make a
difference.

-- Buck