[solved]: Libtool convenience library dependence check

From: Andre Caldas
Subject: [solved]: Libtool convenience library dependence check
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:59:15 +0900

Hello, Bob!

My problem was solved, and as expected... it was completely my fault :-)

The project I am writing became too big, so I decided to split it into libraries. I was supposed to make 4 different projects for the 4 different libraries, but as an intermediate step, I kept them as "subprojects" of a bigger one.

The dependency problem arrises when I do a "make install", because some libraries use installed headers of other libraries (really dirty to have this on the same project, I know - but it is temporary). The headers of "lib1" are _re-installed_ and for this reason, "lib2", which uses lib1's headers, is completely recompiled.

I didn't know installed headers are also included in dependency checks.

Now I am using this to avoid reinstallation of .h files:
make -Clib1 install-exec && make -Clib2 install-exec

Thank you very much for your time. And sorry for not providing enough information.

Andre Caldas.