Re: finding datadir from executable

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: finding datadir from executable
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:16:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Nicholas R. Markham wrote:

I recently decided to try to apply the suggestion mentioned in section 17.5 of
the autoconf manual - namely, to hardcode only the relative path from prefix to
datadir (or maybe from bindir to datadir) and try to determine prefix at
runtime.  However, I'm not sure how to determine prefix at runtime.  Can anyone
give me an example of how they did it?  Thanks.

#
# Evaluate shell variable equivalents to Makefile directory variables
#
if test "x$prefix" = xNONE
then
  prefix=$ac_default_prefix
fi
# Let make expand exec_prefix.
if test "x$exec_prefix" = xNONE
then
  exec_prefix='${prefix}'
fi

#
eval "eval PREFIX_DIR=${prefix}"
AC_SUBST(PREFIX_DIR)
eval "eval EXEC_PREFIX_DIR=${exec_prefix}"
AC_SUBST(EXEC_PREFIX_DIR)
eval "eval BIN_DIR=$bindir"
AC_SUBST(BIN_DIR)
eval "eval SBIN_DIR=$sbindir"
AC_SUBST(SBIN_DIR)
eval "eval LIBEXEC_DIR=$libexecdir"
AC_SUBST(LIBEXEC_DIR)
eval "eval DATA_DIR=$datadir"
AC_SUBST(DATA_DIR)
eval "eval SYSCONF_DIR=$sysconfdir"
AC_SUBST(SYSCONF_DIR)
eval "eval SHAREDSTATE_DIR=$sharedstatedir"
AC_SUBST(SHAREDSTATE_DIR)
eval "eval LOCALSTATE_DIR=$localstatedir"
AC_SUBST(LOCALSTATE_DIR)
eval "eval LIB_DIR=$libdir"
AC_SUBST(LIB_DIR)
eval "eval INCLUDE_DIR=$includedir"
AC_SUBST(INCLUDE_DIR)
eval "eval OLDINCLUDE_DIR=$oldincludedir"
AC_SUBST(OLDINCLUDE_DIR)
eval "eval INFO_DIR=$infodir"
AC_SUBST(INFO_DIR)
eval "eval MAN_DIR=$mandir"