Re: autoconf in pure MSVC environment?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: autoconf in pure MSVC environment?
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:00:53 -0400

On  7-Sep-2004, Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> wrote:

| Installing Cygwin is similar in magnitude to installing another
| operating system.

The last time I installed it, I just did a point and click "Next ->
Next -> Next -> Finish" kind of install.  It took a while because I
was downloading directly off the net, but if I packaged this stuff all
up on a CD and had the same installer, perhaps with a few options
omitted (we would not need to select a download site, for example) and
configured so that only what is necessary for my package is installed
by default, then why would it be any different than installing any
other piece of Windows software?

jwe

--
www.octave.org | www.che.wisc.edu/~jwe | Peace would shock and awe me.