RE: autoconf in pure MSVC environment?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: RE: autoconf in pure MSVC environment?
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:18:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

'Battle Cry', as far as I'm concerned, is to cajole open source
developers into dropping the anti-Windows silliness, and just get on
with making the choice of operating system irrelevant.  Yes, it's
difficult.  No, I don't expect UNIXen to do the work.  It would be nice,
however, if they saw the merit in more universal tools that aid porting.

This has already been done. The result of the massive effort is called "Cygwin".

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden