AC_CHECK_HEADERS

From: Steve Kreyer
Subject: AC_CHECK_HEADERS
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:17:00 +0200

Hi, I'm new to gnu autoconfig.

I have problems to use the AC_CHECK_HEADERS macro.
I want to check for headerfiles such as arpa/inet.h sys/socket.h, netinet/in.h
and thread.h

Now the checking for arpa/inet.h went well, but sys/socket.h, netinet/in.h and
thread.h failed,
but this headers are installed (sys/socket.h netinet/in.h in /usr/include and
thread.h in /usr/local/include)

Also another problem is that the config.h is empty, after calling ./configure
script.

configure.ac:

AC_INIT([mesydaq], [0.0.1], address@hidden)
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([src/mesydaq.cpp])
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([1.7 gnu dist-bzip2])
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)
AC_ARG_ENABLE(debug,[  --enable-debug    Turn on debugging],debug=true)
AC_ARG_WITH(threadpath,
                AC_HELP_STRING([--with-threadpath], [specify the directory of
the thread header files (default is /usr/local/include)]),
                threadtop=$withval, threadtop=/usr/local/include)
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_CXX
AC_HEADER_STDC([])
AC_CHECK_HEADERS([$(threadpath)/thread.h, sys/socket.h, netinet/in.h,
arpa/inet.h])
AC_FUNC_ALLOCA

AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile src/Makefile])
AC_OUTPUT

./configure output:
checking /thread.h, usability... no
checking /thread.h, presence... no