Newbie trying to hack on autofs' configure.in

From: Denis Vlasenko
Subject: Newbie trying to hack on autofs' configure.in
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:44:57 +0300

Newbie here, who read autobook-1.3 sometime ago, ran
various configures countless times but did not touch
configure.in's, yet.

It seems that autofs project (it's Linux automounter,
unrelated to autoconf) was autoconfiscated sometime ago,
and it is still not truly autoconf-clean. (For example, there is
neither Makefile.in nor Makefile.am)

I need to modify configure.in so that automount can be built without
hardcoded path for mount etc. configure already has --with-path=...
option. Unfortunately, whatever I tried, I can't produce
a configure which does what I want when
executed with "--without-path".

autoconf does produce configure and it works, but it yields
#define PATH_UMOUNT "/usr/bin/umount" or #undef PATH_UMOUNT.
I aim at getting #define PATH_UMOUNT "umount".

Can someone take a quick look?

Relevant part of configure.in:

#
# The user can specify --with-path=PATH rather than relying on the default
#
searchpath="/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
AC_ARG_WITH(path,
--with-path=PATH          look in PATH for binaries needed by the automounter,
        if test -z "$withval" -o "$withval" = "yes" -o "$withval" = "no"
        then
                :
        else
                searchpath="${withval}"
        fi
)

AC_MSG_CHECKING([for binaries in])
AC_MSG_RESULT([$searchpath])

#
# Programs needed for various system functions or modules
#
AF_PATH_INCLUDE(MOUNT, mount, /bin/mount, $searchpath)
AF_PATH_INCLUDE(UMOUNT, umount, /bin/umount, $searchpath)
AF_PATH_INCLUDE(E2FSCK, fsck.ext2 e2fsck, , $searchpath)
AF_PATH_INCLUDE(E3FSCK, fsck.ext3 e3fsck, , $searchpath)
#
# Write Makefile.conf and include/config.h
#
AC_CONFIG_HEADER(include/config.h)

and include/config.h.in:

/* Program paths */
#undef HAVE_MOUNT
#undef PATH_MOUNT

#undef HAVE_UMOUNT
#undef PATH_UMOUNT

#undef HAVE_SMBMOUNT
#undef PATH_SMBMOUNT

#undef HAVE_E2FSCK
#undef PATH_E2FSCK

#undef HAVE_E3FSCK
#undef PATH_E3FSCK

/* Define this option if mount(8) supports the -s (sloppy) option */
#undef HAVE_SLOPPY_MOUNT

#undef ENABLE_EXT_ENV

Autofs tarballs:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/autofs/v4/