Re: resolv.h test proposal

From: Gerrit P. Haase
Subject: Re: resolv.h test proposal
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:40:19 +0200

Thread context:

Stepan schrieb:

> Hello Reini,

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 02:49:51PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
>> >So I take the liberty to forward it to the bug report address.
>> Many thanks for doing this for us.

> nothing to be really grateful for.

> What's really needed, is to write the AC_HEADER_RESOLV macro.
> The existing AC_HEADER_* macros can serve as a template.

> It would be nice if you or Gerrit or someone else could invest the time
> to do it and post the patch to address@hidden .

I'm sorry, I don't know enough about autoconf / m4 programming to
integrate this into autoconf.

I just use this for acinclude.m4 or put it in a file named resolv_h.m4
under /usr/share/aclocal now:

# Call AC_HEADER_RESOLV after this in
# AC_CHECK_HEADERS([arpa/nameser.h netinet/in.h sys/socket.h sys/types.h])
# ---------------
[AC_CHECK_HEADERS([resolv.h], [], [],
      [[#if HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
        #  include <sys/types.h>
        #ifdef HAVE_NETINET_IN_H
        #  include <netinet/in.h>   /* inet_ functions / structs */
        #ifdef HAVE_ARPA_NAMESER_H
        #  include <arpa/nameser.h> /* DNS HEADER struct */
        #ifdef HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
        #  include <sys/socket.h> /* DNS HEADER struct */

I call AC_HEADER_RESOLV in and this works for me(tm).