Re: Request for configure override for AC_FUNC_MALLOC

From: Marc Singer
Subject: Re: Request for configure override for AC_FUNC_MALLOC
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:38:01 -0800

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 04:15:36PM -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Marc Singer <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > It would be helpful if there was an option to ./configure to tell the
> > script that even though this is a cross compilation, I know that the
> > malloc function is good.
>
> Can't you set ac_cv_func_malloc_0_nonnull in your environment?
> That sort of thing?  It's a bit of a hack, but...

Hmm.  That's an interesting suggestion.  I'll try it.

It isn't really a big deal that it's a hack.  The trouble is that I
want to be able to cross compile a large number of packages without
going through the effort to patch and add this function.  IMHO, it
would be helpful to add a switch to mitigate the inherently
conservative behavior.

Still, an environment variable is far better than the other options
I've tried.

Cheers.