Installing shell scripts

From: Jul
Subject: Installing shell scripts
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:35:15 +0200

Hi,
another beginner question...
My tree project contains multiple Python scripts (Python and ksh) in different subdirectories, and I would like the 'make install' process just copy them into the 'bin' directory without any modification (only chmod). In the documentation, I found the following example:

bin_SCRIPTS = magic-script
magic-script : magic-script.in
   sed ... magic-script.in >magic-script
   chmod +x magic-script

But I don't need such a complicated rule!
I just would like to 'chmod +x' all scripts listed in the bin_script variable and copy them into 'in' during the install process. Do I have to create a rule and a '.in' for each script ?

Best regards,
Jul.

--
Julien VIENNE