Re: problem to use autoconf/automake

From: Nicolas Haller
Subject: Re: problem to use autoconf/automake
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:20:49 +0200

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:45:56PM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,

> * Nicolas Haller wrote on Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 08:43:40PM CEST:
> >
> > I am writing a program in C++ and I want to use autotools to help me
> > to build my program.

> > I have organized my "working directory" in some subdirectory. It's look
> > like this:

> Don't do it like this.  Don't have a build directory (yet).
> Put Makefile.am under your source tree, either only one, or one per
> directory, like this:

It's an another problem, when you say "or one per directory"? How can I
do that?
I have a top Makefile with my single and simple line SUBDIRS=src test
lib doc and in src/ the Makefile.am which was in build/ before, but in
subdirectories of src/ ? I had only .cc and .hh files, and no program or
librairies to make, so I don't know what to write into Makefile.am. So
what can I do if I want to have makefile in all subdirectories?

thanks,

--
Nicolas Haller