Re: problem to use autoconf/automake

From: Nicolas Haller
Subject: Re: problem to use autoconf/automake
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:00:50 +0200

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 07:48:57AM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> * Nicolas Haller wrote on Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 12:20:49AM CEST:

> One per directory in the source tree is pretty common.

> > I have a top Makefile with my single and simple line SUBDIRS=src test
> > lib doc and in src/ the Makefile.am which was in build/ before, but in
> > subdirectories of src/ ?

> Well, put
>   SUBDIRS = whatever_dirs_live_under_src
> into src/Makefile.am.  Don't forget to mention all to-be-generated
> Makefiles in the AC_CONFIG_FILES macro in configure.ac.

> > I had only .cc and .hh files, and no program or
> > librairies to make, so I don't know what to write into Makefile.am. So
> > what can I do if I want to have makefile in all subdirectories?

> Above should make it all clear.  Otherwise, please be more specific.

It's clear, I put SUBDIRS line in my src/Makefile.am and modify
configure.ac but, it doesn't work. When I launch automake, he said he
has not found file src/interface/Makefile.in (this message for all
subdirs of src/).

If I understand, Makefile.in are generated with informations enclosed in
Makefile.am. But I have no Makefile.am in subdirs of src/. I have only
sources files (.hh and .cc), and nothing to do with these (but object
file to build the program define in src/Makefile.am).

So, what can I do, can I create empty Makefile.am in all subdirs of src/
or must I do anything else?

Thanks,

--
Nicolas Haller