Re: problem to use autoconf/automake

From: Nicolas Haller
Subject: Re: problem to use autoconf/automake
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:22:32 +0200

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 10:13:19AM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> * Nicolas Haller wrote on Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 10:00:50AM CEST:

> What?  automake looks for .am files, not .in files.  configure (to be
> more precise: config.status) looks for .in files.

This is the output when I run automake

address@hidden:~/RSA/trunk%automake
configure.ac:35: required file `src/crack/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:35: required file `src/crypt/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:35: required file `src/gestcles/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:35: required file `src/interface/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:35: required file `src/sign/Makefile.in' not found

You said before:
> > > Well, put
> > >   SUBDIRS = whatever_dirs_live_under_src
> > > into src/Makefile.am.  Don't forget to mention all to-be-generated
> > > Makefiles in the AC_CONFIG_FILES macro in configure.ac.

So when I do what you said, automake said he can't find Makefile.in
I try to make empty Makefile.am and it's work, autotools generates
Makefile.in and Makefile. But I donc really know if it's good to make
empty Automake.am, what is your opinion?

thanks,

--
Nicolas Haller