Re: more Autotest thoughts

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: more Autotest thoughts
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:34:43 +0200

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late (and very brief only) response.

* Paul Eggert wrote on Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 11:20:37PM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hey, come to think of things like xen, the possible ways of doing this
> > really changed in the last few years.
>
> Yes, yes!  Quite right!  I wish someone with a lot of practical
> experience in xen and such-like would write, debug, document and give
> us a patch.  So far the attempts to do this have been incomplete,
> alas.

I don't (have such experience (yet)), but I'll give you an example I
encountered literally by accident: if you install wine and binfmt_support
(on Debian sarge), "it just seems to work" without doing much of
anything!

Just to make the point that executing binaries for other systems really
is independent of $cross_compile = yes.

Regards,