Re: Preferring a specific compiler?

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Preferring a specific compiler?
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:18:30 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 12:55:31PM -0700, Dan Stromberg wrote:
> ...but it's not finding tcc.  Perhaps it's looking for a program called
> "tcc -b", and not a program called "tcc" with a "-b" argument?

No, it should look for tcc.  Does the following work:
        AC_CHECK_PROGS(FOO1, ["tcc -b" gcc cc])
        AC_CHECK_PROGS(FOO2, [tcc gcc cc])

Two things came to my mind:

1)
Perhaps you are calling AC_PROG_CC(["tcc -b" gcc cc]) too late.
Add "echo $CC" just before it, to make sure that CC is not set yet.

Try placing AC_PROG_CC just after AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE or even just after
AC_INIT.

2)
If you are on a Windows platform and you actually want to find tcc.exe or
even tcc.com than you might need
        $ac_executable_extensions
that should normally be set in your config.site.

I'm afraid you'll have to debug that part of ./configure yourself.

Have a nice day,
        Stepan Kasal