Re: please correct my ugly hack

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: please correct my ugly hack
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:47:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Yes, caching.

There exist packages which rely on sharing caches (some intentionally,
some unintentionally), there exist packages which are rely on preset
caches, and finally here is (which I have never used, and
don't actually know how it interacts with config.cache's)

The file is always sourced toward the beginning of the configure script. As such, the config.cache influences configure so that the results are identical to when configure was first executed. If is changed in the mean time, the the answers may be different than if config.cache did not exist since (as far as I know) config.cache is not invalidated if is newer than config.cache.

Bob Friesenhahn
GraphicsMagick Maintainer,