Re: warnings from AC_CHECK_HEADERS because header is present but cannot

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: warnings from AC_CHECK_HEADERS because header is present but cannot be compiled...
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:48:24 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 10:43:31AM -0600, Ed Hartnett wrote:
> 2 - Is there any way to make autoconf go with the "future" behavior
> now, and say that winsock.h is not present, since it can't be
> compiled?

in most cases, the header would be compilable, if some other
header would be included before it.  When this is true, the configure
script can be fixed: find out whether the prerequisite header is
available, and then add

#ifdef HAVE_FOO_H
#include <foo.h>
#endif

to the prologue of the check in question.

This is not a way to switch the check off, just to avaid trigerring it
in certain cases.

Will this solve your problem?

(If not, I hope someone else will help you here, I'm going to be offline
Jun 7 - Jun 21.)

Have a nice day,
        Stepan Kasal