Autoconf and optional arguments for the configure script

From: Bernd Lachner
Subject: Autoconf and optional arguments for the configure script
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:22:34 +0200

Hi,

I need some optional arguments for a configure script. I have seen the macros
AC_ARG_WITH and AC_ARG_ENABLE in the autoconf manual. As far I can see, I can
add arguments like this to the configure script:

--enable-option=yes
--with-option

But I want more this two types of arguments for the configure script:

1)
--device=x where x can be devicea, deviceb, ....

This should lead for example to a #define devicea in config.h.

2)
--devicexresoluton=x
--deviceyresolution=y

or even better

--deviceres=x*y

where x and y is an integer value. This should lead for example to a #define
xres 320 and #define yres 240 in config.h.

Is there an easy way to add such kind of arguments to configure.ac? Or ist the
only way for arguments  AC_ARG_WITH and AC_ARG_ENABLE?

Best regards

Bernd