Re: autoreconf error: possibly undefine macro: AC_DEFINE

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: autoreconf error: possibly undefine macro: AC_DEFINE
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:51:57 +0200

Hi Carlos,

* Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes wrote on Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 09:26:47PM
CEST:

> I'm running autoreconf and I'm getting the following error:
>
> configure.ac:38: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
>      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>      See the Autoconf documentation.
>
> Anyone know why this is ocurring and, in the perfect fashion, how to
> solve it?

Hmm.  I cannot reproduce it.

> Here is the configure.ac file that I have, a peace of it:

I saved this snippet, added AC_OUTPUT at the end, removed your error
mark, ran aclocal, automake --add, autoconf, autoheader, ./configure.
Beside the missing definition for XORG_PROG_RAWCPP (which I suppose is
present in your environment) I could not see any problems.

Please try to describe a way to reproduce the issue.  Which versions of
the respective autotools did you use?

*snip*