Re: weird AC_REQUIRE expansion issue

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: weird AC_REQUIRE expansion issue
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:53:07 +0200

Hi Stepan,

* Stepan Kasal wrote on Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 06:42:14PM CEST:

> > where I can't AC_REQUIRE([CX_STATUS]), because that is supposed to be
> > used several times, obviously, [...]
>
> But you can create a special copy for the purpose of being required by
> CX_COMPILER_CHECKS:
*snip*

> But AC_REQUIRE supports 2 parameters, so you don't have to actually define
> the macro, just use the string as a tag:
>
> AC_DEFUN([CX_COMPILER_CHECKS],
> [AC_REQUIRE([_CX_STATUS_FOR_CX_COMPILER_CHECKS],
>       [CX_STATUS([compiler checks])])
> AM_PROG_CC_C_O
*snip*

Thanks for this nice explanation.  I still haven't understood it all,
and will come back to this issue eventually.

But a question for now: Can I assume the second parameters of both
AC_REQUIRE and m4_require to be public interface?  Neither are mentioned
in the documentation (m4_require is not mentioned at all).