Re: How to remove "-O2" on Makefile generated by autoconf/make

From: Russell Shaw
Subject: Re: How to remove "-O2" on Makefile generated by autoconf/make
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:11:54 +1100

Feng QIN wrote:
Hello all,
When I use autoconf/automake tools to generate makefile for my package, the
CXXFLAGS is always added "-O2" by tools, while I don't want to use for
debuging.
Is it possible to remove it from options of configure command or some other
ways better than removing it manually everytime on Makefile?

Thanks in advance!

If you want to have a different default optimization whenever you run make, you
can
run:

  ./autoconf CXXFLAGS="-g -O0"