Re: Generated Makefiles for multiple platforms

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: Generated Makefiles for multiple platforms
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:20:49 -0500

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 08:31 -0800, BRM wrote:
> I originally sent this to the Automake list since I
> figured it was an issue with Automake, however, I have
> not seen any response to it yet. So, any help is very
> greatly appreciated.

You're trying to do work that autoconf wants to do for you.

Your build directories are configuration-specific--which can include
platform-specific aspects. To configure for a platform (or even a
particular configuration of a platform): create a directory, change to
it, and run your configure script there.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>