Adding an option to configure?

From: Chris Telting
Subject: Adding an option to configure?
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:28:10 -0800

I am trying to modify the configure script for gcc. I am trying to add an option that would instruct it not to build gcclib.

something like: configure --nogcclib

Then depending upon a coresponding internally defined variable it would include or skip building it.

It all appears to be a bit of a mess. The autoconf m4 files are global so I don't wish to modify those. How does one add an option like this?