Re: Filesystem issues ?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Filesystem issues ?
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:02:38 +0100

Hi Kristis,

* Kristis Makris wrote on Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 04:11:54AM CET:

> > Anyway, your issue is here: quoting config.status:
> > | address@hidden@%2.39207e+09
> > | 2.39207e+09%g

> Thank you! I'd be swell if the error message:
>
> config.status: creating Makefile
> sed: file ./confstatLjvKgu/subs-5.sed line 41: Unterminated `s' command
> config.status: creating Rules.make
>
> was somehow a little more informative, in terms of reporting the line in
> the original configure.in where the invalid variable value was possibly
> set. So I wouldn't have to harass you folks.

Yes, that would be nice.  Difficult to achieve though, unfortunately.
The piece of code that does the substitutions is in a hot path, i.e.,
any slowdowns there will be quite noticable to users.  You could get
into the habit of echoing the variables that you set, with combinations
of AC_MSG_CHECKING and AC_MSG_RESULT for example.

> > so I'd guess your way of setting this value is unsafe and/or kernel
> > dependent.
>
> It seems to be a bug in the way I'm parsing the CPU speed
> from /proc/cpuinfo. The RedHat kernel I mentioned before was MP. The
> problem happens with SMP, since there are two lines in the output
> of /proc/cpuinfo that report the processor speed.

Oh, good to know that's solved now.