Re: testing of CVS Autoconf

From: Brian Dessent
Subject: Re: testing of CVS Autoconf
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:42:07 -0800

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

>         OK with a (completely) binmounted cygwin.
>         With text mode mounts I got several failures.
>         Somebody should test this, maybe it was just my cygwin
>         setup being broken.  How could one change this quickly
>         without a full reinstall and regedit?

Editing the registry is discouraged since at some point the mount table
might be stored elsewhere.  The mount command takes -b and -t to specify
binary or text mode, and "mount -m" will output a list of mount commands
to recreate the current mount table, so to switch all mounts from binary
to text you can do something like:

mount -m | sed -e s,-b,-t, | bash

If you just want to change the mode of one particular mount you can just
give the indiviual mount command with either -b or -t, e.g.:

mount -t $(cygpath -m /foobar) /foobar

Of course this defaults to "system" mode, and if you happen to be using
user mode mounts then that will confuse things since you'll wind up with
two different entries in the table, so the first version is somewhat
safer.

Brian