Re: Ignoring failures in AC_OUTPUT

From: Kristis Makris
Subject: Re: Ignoring failures in AC_OUTPUT
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:58:59 -0700

Hi Ralf.

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 11:21 +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Sorry for the delay -- the list server was/is having some issues.

No problem.

> What you could do is just not list these files in AC_CONFIG_FILES.

I'm not using AC_CONFIG_FILES at all.

> Then you need to adjust your build steps so that after configure is run,
> you do
>   ./config.status extra/Makefile extra2/Makefile

Ahh... Thanks. I have a feeling this will now need special logic when
building rpms. The './configure; make' mentality is no longer sound.

Why do I feel dirty all of the sudden ? I was hoping for an
AC_OUTPUT_IF_PRESENT-like macro.

> manually; if you use Automake (and don't disable dependency tracking)

We don't use automake. Yet.

Thanks for the response.