[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Solving the config.h nightmare ?

From: Olivier Boudeville
Subject: Re: Solving the config.h nightmare ?
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:13:57 +0200
User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7 (X11/20051013)


I tried ax_prefix_config_h and it worked very well, thanks a lot.
Despite my library is LGPL'd I guess I can use this "almost-GPL" macro
since libraries use it as a tool and hence are not deemed derivative work ?

One last (very) minor point : using prefix leads to 'CEYLAN_HAVE_CTIME'
for example, instead of which 'CEYLAN_USES_CTIME' would be better !



Bruce Korb a écrit :

> Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>> This is the approach I use for my own package:
>> 1) Two different configuration headers are generated from
>> AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([magick/magick_config.h magick/magick_config_api.h])
>> the second one uses a hand-maintained template (derived from the
>> primary one) and only includes what is absolutely necessary in order
>> to support the library API.
>> 2) When the software is installed, the pared down configuration
>> header is installed where the moby one would go:
>> install-data-local:
>> $(INSTALL_HEADER) magick/magick_config_api.h
>> $(DESTDIR)$(magickincdir)/magick_config.h
>> Of course the install path needs to be adjusted for the needs of your
>> own package.
>> 3) Step #3 is still being invented, and acts as a placeholder in case
>> I left anything out.
>> This approach can still collide with configuration defines from the
>> config headers from other headers, but the collision should usually
>> be benign. Other approaches may add a prefix to all #define names.
> Hi Bob,
> I thought it was pretty well settled and pretty well defined.
> I went to the trouble to actually find the macro:
> - Bruce

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]